Position posted on September 13, 2022
Job Title: Food Service Coordinator
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports To: Program Coordinator
Salary Range: $20-22/hr
*Hiring bonus available for this position
The Food Service Coordinator is responsible for the planning and production of healthy meals for the children whose parents are enrolled in Parent University.
Essential Job Duties
- Plans nutritious menus for lunch, dinner and snack according to CACFP guidelines, when needed.
- Prepare food items for all meals.
- Orders or shops for all food items and supples.
- Checks in all supplies and maintains first in-first out inventory.
- Maintains clean and sanitary work environment.
- Completes paperwork and all trainings required for the CACFP program.
- Consults with staff on nutrition projects, healthy eating habits for children, family style meals and/or CACFP guidelines.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Training in quantity food preparation.
- Two or more years of job-related experience or training in institutional or hospital food service department (preferred).
- Valid Douglas County Food Handlers card.
- Must be able to pass a background check that meets compliance standards.
Essentials Skills/Abilities Required:
- Ability to adhere to work schedules
- Ability to make reasonable estimates
- Ability to prepare food orders
- Knowledge and ability to assess product quality
- Knowledge of sanitation and hygiene
- Knowledge and ability to perform tasks independently and give necessary help and direction to other workers
- Ability to obtain First Aid and CPR certification
- Ability to lift, move and reposition objects and materials, frequently exerting force equal to lifting twenty-five (25) to fifty (50) pounds
The essential job duties detailed above is not an exhaustive list. Additional duties may be added, as necessary, or as assigned, by Program Coordinator or Director.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO SARAH VIDEGLA, OPERATIONS MANAGER, AT SVIDEGLA@LEARNINGCOMMUNITYDS.ORG.
Applications will be accepted until October 13.