Position posted on September 13, 2022
Job Title: Program Assistant
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Program Director
Salary: $18 – $23/hour
Hours: Monday- Friday 8am-4:30pm (occasional later evenings or Saturdays)
*Hiring bonus available for this position
The Program Assistant is a member of the Learning Community Center of North Omaha Parent University team. This individual is expected to perform a diverse, detail oriented and advanced set of administrative tasks related to the smooth operations of Parent University. This individual is also expected to greet and excel in interacting with staff and visitors.
Essential Job Duties
- Plan, organize, coordinate and conduct the administrative and clerical aspects of the Program Director. Office functions include, but not limited to screening and responding to calls, voice mails, email and postal mail, as well as greeting program participants.
- Organize, maintain and coordinate the Program Director’s calendar, as well as other members of the team if requested by Director.
- Enter data into identified database and create reports as needed.
- Maintain and organize program supply inventory, assist in ordering supplies and arrange meeting rooms.
- Establish, update and maintain office systems and procedures, including records and filing.
- Prepare PowerPoint Presentations, reports, spreadsheets, packets, meeting minutes and other program correspondence.
- Ensure relevant information is available or accessible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Learning Community Center of North Omaha
- Assist with logistical operations to meet program needs, including use of vehicle to pick up and deliver program materials as needed.
- Actively participate in team meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
Self-Management and Leadership
- Proactive, effective communications skills, verbal and written.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, cooperation, willingness to work with and for others.
- Professional and helpful in working with staff, families and the public. Goes above and beyond to assist in developing a solution.
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing work conditions and/or project requirements.
- Consistently follows through with commitments, provides service/information thoroughly and on time. Is timely in meeting deadlines and accomplishing all job functions.
- Exhibits compliance with attendance policy.
- Maintains business casual professional appearance.
- Takes initiative on all projects and activities.
- Generates innovative ideas and alternatives to work assignments.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity.
- Provides positive example by adhering to organization policies.
- Demonstrates interest and desire to do best possible job.
- High School Diploma/GED required with at least 2 years’ experience in related field
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Professional and positive demeanor
- Ability to establish priorities, follow-through on tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to attend workshops, meetings and/or in-services
- Ability to work independently, organizing time, details but committed to the team function
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance with good driving record
- Flexible schedule (may occasionally work some evenings and weekends)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to work in a stationary position for extended periods of time; operate a computer and other office equipment, move about inside the office; frequently communicate with coworkers, vendors and members of the public. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds within and outside the organization.
The essential job duties detailed above is not an exhaustive list. Additional duties may be added, as necessary, or as assigned, by the Program Director.