Parent Time Instructor
Omaha, NE, US
The Learning Community Center of North Omaha (LCCNO) has a family learning program that
includes parenting classes and English as a Second Language (ESL) classes for parents of
young children. The Parent Time Instructor is responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and
teaching Parent Time classes for families enrolled in the program. The Parent Time Instructor
partners with parents to build on their knowledge and develop new skills to make their home an
optimal environment for children to learn and develop.
JOB-SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides instruction in Parent Time classes, teaching a variety of topics such as Nurturing
Parenting and Love & Logic to adult learners, for which certified training will be provided.
2. Identifies the needs of the program participants and develops curricula specific to those
needs. This could include topics such as family routines and schedules or engaging
children through play. Provides instructions in Parent Time classes based on identified
3. Actively engages students by running a dynamic and student-centered, student-driven
4. Correlates and ties back student learning to the child’s learning, so that parents are
increasingly successful in supporting their child’s education at home.
5. Assists the Program Manager and Program Coordinator with Parent Time logistics, such as
recruiting families, coordinating with community providers, and managing attendance.
Enters and tracks all information in a database.
6. Immerses self in the early childhood education community and keeps updated on best
practices in the field.
7. Develops and delivers orientation presentations for new program participants and new
LCCNO staff members.
8. Represents the Learning Community Center to community members and potential partners
within the community in a positive and professional manner.
9. Actively participates in staff meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
1. Consistently follows through to accomplish job functions and/or meet deadlines.
2. Demonstrates ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing work conditions and/or project
3. Exhibits a positive attitude and good work ethic; works well with others.
4. Provides excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
5. Adheres to all organizational policies, procedures and regulations as well as the expected
code of conduct and ethics relating to IT security, Acceptable User Agreement, HIPAA and
6. Maintains professional appearance and attire.
7. Punctual and reliable attendance at the assigned work location.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field; OR equivalent work experience using
techniques to enhance children’s education required.
2. One to three years of experience in education required.
3. One to three years of experience with technology in facilitating instruction preferred.
4. Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook,
5. Proficiency in both English and Spanish (written, verbal, presentational) required. Other
6. Strong personal/interpersonal communication, with the ability to build rapport and establish
relationships with people of diverse populations and backgrounds, required.
7. Demonstrated organizational and record-keeping skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently while still focusing on the team function.
9. Demonstrated ability to develop creative and interactive lesson plans and to present
information in group settings.
10. Demonstrated ability to accommodate the learning needs of non-traditional, diverse student