Omaha, NE, US
We are looking for an Educational Navigator to recruit, teach, and connect South Omaha families to community services and programs available through the Learning Community Center of South Omaha. The Educational Navigator will screen families to determine program eligibility, regularly visit participant families in their homes, and assist with an evidence-based home visiting curriculum. This individual will work with the families to overcome any educational barriers experienced by the children. They will also promote goal setting, facilitate parent workshops, and refer families to community programs and services based on need and desires.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, or related field required; OR equivalent work experience using educational techniques to enhance child learning required.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish required; proficiency in Q’anjob’al preferred
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Power Point) required
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentational) required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations within the Omaha metro area for work purposes
- Valid Driver’s license and automobile insurance, along with a clean driving record, required
OneWorld Community Health Centers, Inc. provides a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; 401(k); onsite daycare; free fitness center and more. If you want to apply your unique skillset to a diverse, caring, growing nonprofit that serves 50,000+ patients, please apply.
You can make a difference – in your life and the lives of others.
OneWorld Community Health Centers, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all hiring and employment practices. We are committed to equal treatment for all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer